Our Family

Photobucket

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Video:: He Finally Rolled Over

Yesterday ( 8/18/12 ) I put Liam on his play mat so I could get his diaper bag ready for the Firelife festival at our church. I had laid him on his back and when I came back in the living room I saw him on his stomach and immediately cried. I was shaking like the day I told Andrew I was pregnant. I was so filled with joy that I was shaking and balling my eyes out. Now most parents probably don’t have this kind of reaction but for us, Liam rolling over is a big deal. We weren’t sure if he’d be able to or not. As most of you know Liam’s legs are stuck in the frog position. A couple months ago we thought that this would keep him from rolling over. But a couple weeks ago he started to roll up on his sides and it became evident that Liam will someday roll over. Just the other day I was saying he just needs to figure out what to do with his arm and he could go over. Well sure enough he finally did that. I am so overjoyed that he has overcome this obstacle. I am so proud of him. He never ceases to amaze me.

Here is the picture of the first time he rolled over on 8/18/12.


Here is the video of his second time rolling over which is our first time seeing it as well as yours. I hope you enjoy this as much as we are.


On a more serious note, Liam has an appointment with his orthopedist on Tuesday. We will be scheduling his surgery date to finally fix his clubbed feet. Dr. Albanese did mention 2 appointments ago that Liam might have to go back into casts when we schedule his surgery. If this is the case he will probably stretch his feet one last time. The casts will remain on him until his surgery. We never know, he might not have to go back in the casts. We’ve been surprised before lol. Either way it’s the best for Liam and I trust Dr. Albanese’s decisions. Liam is in wonderful hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment