Our Family

Photobucket

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Update 21: Little Piggy's

Well, we get Liam’s little piggy’s for 6 more weeks. Dr. Albanese (Liam’s orthopedist doctor) still hasn’t scheduled Liam’s operation date. He did say the surgery will be sometime at the end of August, beginning of September. Liam needs so much done that Dr. Albanese said he needs a big time slot to perform the surgery. So he has to look at his schedule to see when he has a big time slot available. As much as it annoys me not knowing the exact date I am grateful to have Liam out of casts during this hot weather.

Yesterday Andrew and I casted Liam’s feet for memory and I love them. They are so stinking cute. I was afraid they wouldn’t come out but they came out perfectly other than one of them not being quite as filled as the other one. Making the mold went smoothly but in some spots the mold was really thin. One of the molds had formed a hole in the toe area which caused the plaster to leak out. We eventually were able to fill it to the point where it no longer leaked but it did cause it to lose some plaster. I was unable to fill that one mold enough for it to be as full as the other casting. When they are completely dry I am going to mount them on a plaque with Liam’s life verse on a metal plaque. Liam’s life verse is “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14.

Liam started saying mama and even though he doesn’t know what it means yet it still melts my heart. When I married Andrew I thought I had found the greatest love. Never in a million years did I think I could find a love so intense that it gives me chills. You can never know how much love you can have for your baby until you finally experience it. You can explain it until your blue in the face but it doesn’t amount the actual experience.



Liam has had many first some bad, some good. On July 9th Liam had another first. Unfortunately it wasn’t a good first. Liam had his first car accident. I was first in line waiting for the light to turn green when all of a sudden our beautiful Dodge Charger goes plunging forward with force. That’s right I was rear-ended. After I was hit I immediately looked up at the light to see what color it was and it was still red. I then got out of the car and slammed my door shut with great anger and proceeded to scream at the lady who hit me “My freaking baby” (unfortunately that wasn’t the F word I used :/ ). Immediately after that I apologize for freaking out on her, I know she didn’t do it on purpose. My mom, my sister her son and Liam were all in the car with me during the accident. My mom started to tell me that she was taking Liam out of the car seat because he was screaming in great fear. I told her not to until I knew he was physically ok. I called 911 and they asked a few questions one of them being is everyone ok. I said in our car yes then proceeded to ask the 84 yr old if she was ok. She just stared at me like she couldn’t understand me. I asked again…..”Are you ok ma'am?” She partially shook her head and mumbled yes. The guy on the line told us to pull our cars to the side of the road. I told the lady we had to move our car. She starred at me again. She didn’t seem with it. After about a minute or 2 she finally got it. So we moved to the side of the road. After we parked my mom asked again if she could remove Liam from the car seat because he was still screaming. I told her yes while I called Andrew to give him the bad news. After talking to Andrew I took Liam into my arms to comfort him. As soon as he was in my arms he stopped crying. After waiting for the cop’s about 40-45 mins one finally showed up. He asked for both of our licenses, registrations, and insurance cards. I gave him my stuff and he went to the lady to grab hers. She gave him her ID but didn’t know where her registration or insurance card was. Andrew started freaking out thinking she didn’t have insurance. Every time the cop asked the lady a question she just stared at him dumb founded. You can tell the cop was getting highly annoyed. This lady didn’t know her number, she didn’t know what day it was and she didn’t know what month it was. She was born in 1928 and clearly shouldn’t have been driving. Fortunately she did have insurance. She said maybe 10 mumbled, very hard to understand words the whole time. She was so lost to the world that the cop had someone else drive her home. He also told her she shouldn’t be driving anymore. I’m glad everyone was ok. But I am especially glad Liam is ok. 3 days later I still have some pain in my neck which causes headaches but it’s slowly getting better. It’s like I have a big red target on me that says hit me lol. I feel bad for the lady but at some point you need to hand over that key.

I can’t believe Liam is 6 months already. It’s insane how fast it all goes. With how crazy life has been I haven’t been able to take Liam’s 6 month photos yet. But will do it by Friday. But for now here is this one lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment